Chicken bike adventure continues. This was a quick trip we did 1200mi in 3 days with a border crossing. Most of the way was desert especially in Peru but through southern Ecuador there were some awesome mountains that we got to check out on the way. It was a long ride for sure averaging about 400mi a day.
We had some interesting things happen a long the way and some really funny stories. Here is a synopsis…ask Mitch or I for the stories as they are hilarious.
1. I hit or got hit by another bird on the road…I’m sure I killed it.
2. Mitch and I were driving along and a on-coming semi blew the inside front tire so it swerved into our lane. Mitch was in front and I was in the rear when I happened. I immediately slowed down but Mitch looked back to see if it was me that made the loud gun-shot noise of the tire exploding. He saw me and undoubtedly my look of shock and swerved missing the truck by only a few feet…it was amazing! I can’t believe he was able to bank that hard and fast to get out of the path of the truck. I made a video right after the truck went tearing into the ditch and getting stuck in a sand dune.
3. We also got pulled over 3 times in like 5km about 100mi outside of Lima…it was ridiculous! We had to bribe the guys and threatened the last ones to get out of the tickets. Seems like it is a real business for them.
4. I had a cat piss on my seat over night in a hostel parking lot….so I had to lose my seat pad…that’s going to hurt later.
5. We hit some major rain along the way and Mitch had tucked his rain pants into his boots so his boots funneled the water right in there…it was pretty funny.
6. On the way down some rainy jungle god-forsaken gravelly road I managed to rattle my chicken box cover off the box so I lost it forever. I guess I will have to make another one before the next trip.